Monday 13 June 2011

Day 3 1 becomes 4

I nearly gave in to temptation today when I found my lamb joint really needed roasting today and I had (knowingly) forgotten to back and buy potatoes at my last supermarket visit as I had forgotten them on the way through.

I managed to step outside of my box and chop the meat up and made two curry's instead which was great. I had four potatoes which would not have been enough to roast but I actually only used two in one of the currys and so still have two for using another time. So i made a lamb roast make two dishes and we hardly touched the one I served today so that will be going in the freezer for use another day. I am liking this already. I think this one roast meal is going to actually stretch to four meals, not bad for a non visit to the supermarket!

3 onions
4 cloves of garlic
a good helping of chopped up ginger
4 green chillis
4 tablespoons of veg oil
FRY
1 Tbs paprika (i use instead of red chilli powder as I always make things too hot!)
1 Tbs G.Coriander
1 tsp Turmeric
1 Tbs Salt
1/2 tbs B.Pepper

you could add other spices, ie; guram massala, cumin, cloves, cardamon, etc but we like it simple and do not like the deep tastes these give...

add lots of cubed lamb and fry then add large tin of spinach. Put on a lid and add water as needed to ensure it does not burn base of pan. cook for 20-30 mins and test to see if lamb is tender. yummeee.

The other dish I did was lamb marinaded in yogurt, paprika, salt, coriander, lemon cut into four quaters and morrocan spices ready from a modern tin. Then just fry one onlion and add the lamb and yogurt mixture. cook for 20 and yummey again.



add

No comments:

Post a Comment