Saturday 11 June 2011

Day 1 decision time


This week I have been shopping to fill my fridge 4 times. I spent 4 1/2 hours of my time walking up and down monotanous aisles trying to be polite to people I do not know and will not see again.

I have come home excited that all this food will last us a good week and would make healthy filling meals. I just do not understand why I fail each time and end up going back to the supermarket again and spending usually another £60 -£160.

I have tried online shopping which showed me how much I spend and how often. That really suprised and warned me.

Sadly just a few weeks ago my husband died (17th May 2011) from cancer. But it does mean I am now ready to focus on trying to live healthily and within our means (not that we did not try before).

With supermarket prices shooting up and with their limited options poor ethical attitude I have to make a decision and so now I am on the search of good food, filling food, healthy food and a cheaper bill.

Can it be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment